SMS marketing has given brands average returns on investment over 20% higher than competing mediums. Due to this marketing agencies are turning to SMS as one of their preferred medium to announce promotions or new products.
Advantages of SMS marketing over other mediums include:
- SMS marketing allows brands and marketing agencies to send a personalized.
- SMS to every contact in their database.
- Cell phones don’t have spam filters.
- The average cell phone user reads all of his SMS’s, independently of who sent the message
- An SMS is read, in average, 14 mins after reception.
- SMS is one of the few low cost marketing mediums which is available to companies of all sizes.
- A campaign is quick and effortless to set-up.
SMS messaging has proven to be a valuable tool in the educational world. With the growing necessity for schools to communicate quicker and more efficiently with students and parents, SMS messaging has proven to be the low cost, efficient and easy communication channel that schools, libraries and universities were looking for.
Uses for SMS in Education include:
- Parent-Teacher meeting (PTA) reminders
- Notifying parents of their child’s bad behavior or tardiness
- Examination score notifications
- Library book availability
- School event notifications
Security, reliability, efficiency and confidentiality are key words in the banking sector and Quintatech’s Mobile messaging solutions provide exactly that. Traditionally, SMS started being used in the banking sector as a low cost, efficient way for bank managers to notify their customers of new products and services. Today, SMS has become an all around tool which powers the banks mobile solutions.
Applications where banks rely on messaging solutions include:
- Notifying customers of their bank account status or credit card status
- One time pin codes
- Payment reminders
- Credit card theft prevention (HLR)
- Notifying customers of promotions
- Direct debit notifications
- Messaging between account manager and customer.
Logistics and Transportation
SMS messaging in the transports and logistics industry isn’t new. For over 10 years transportation companies have relied on SMS to add value to their services. SMS is also viewed as an important customer loyalty tool by transportation or mail delivery companies, as it is a mean to send real time updates of the status of a parcel or shipment to their clients.
Applications for messaging solutions in the transport industry include:
- Notification of package delivery.
- E-tickets for public transportation.
- Notifying truck drivers of route changes.
- Vehicle telemetry solutions.
Clinics, pharmacies and Hospitals have long used SMS as a fast communication medium between themselves and the patients, hence reducing paperwork and administrative work.
Applications for SMS in the health sector include:
- Medicine or vaccination reminders.
- Appointment reminders.
- Epidemic warnings.
- Healthcare tips.
- Exam results notifications.